Thursday, April 2, 2009

miscellaneous

I have a bunch of super cool articles on my plate to discuss, but its being pre-empted by my having to read about ESCRT complex assembly. So, in the meantime, here's some cool stuff:
  • new york magazine has a fun article on the yeah yeah yeahs. I think the YYYs have really figured out their sound on their latest album, for what its worth. In many ways, Fever to Tellsome of their most iconic pieces (Maps, Y Control), but Show Your Bones was the start of the group becoming more cohesive in their songwriting, and It's Blitz! is pretty much uniformly good from beginning to end.
  • a yikes from slate on the stupidly persistent theory that autism is caused by vaccination, but more importantly, the quite dangerous decision to treat autism with chelation.
  • Eliot Spitzer on ratings agencies! I don't care. I like him.

No comments: