Monday, April 20, 2009

anvil!

According to Alex and Todd, I'm not capable of fully enjoying this movie because of my lack of "This is Spinal Tap" education. Nevertheless, this was a funny, interesting movie (if overdoing the heartstrings-tugging aspect). I loved the aspect where they went into Lips' and Robb's Jewish roots (especially from Lips' perspective, doing something clearly out of sync with both his parents and his siblings and yet ultimately getting their support). Also, it tells us once again that the Japanese are way cooler than us (our 13 year olds love Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers, their 13 year olds love metal. You be the judge). Go to www.anvilmovie.com for more info.

1 comment:

CoolHandTodd said...

I don't think I said that you couldn't fully enjoy the movie without having seen "Spinal Tap." But once you see it you will be stunned by the remarkable degree to which, in this case, life imitates art.

I wonder if "Thumb Hang" is as well-written as "Sex Farm":

Working on a sex farm
Hosing down your barn door
Bothering you livestock
They know what I need

Working up a hot sweat
Crouching in your pea patch
Plowing through your bean field
Planting my seed