Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a good synopsis on wall street/housing/etc. + tosh haterade ( i kid )

fun fact: i did not like santosh the first time i met him. he was quite the gunner in our intro biology classes at college, what, with the militant reading ahead by 10 chapters and his take-no-prisoners approach to pre-med classes. PLUS, when i officially met him he was, shall we say, under the influence - hi sketchy!!!

in light of lehman bros peace-ing out and all this economy stuff going on for the past year and a half, sometimes it's hard to keep up with what exactly is going on. i can't pretend i really get the full picture, but this episode of "this american life" which aired back in may does a great job of breaking all the connections down.

EPISODE 355 - THE GIANT POOL OF MONEY

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=355

forgive me if you've already posted this, tosh. you post too much so i can't keep up with what's new and old!

2 comments:

santosh said...

BLASPHEMY. Much like factcheck.org, I need to come in and make some necessary corrections.

1. How can you say that the first time I met you I was "quite the gunner" and then say in the same sentence that I was "under the influence"? FLIP-FLOP.
REALITY: The first time I met Am was outside of bio lab, when she reacted positively to my name-dropping a common acquaintance whom I considered, SHALL WE SAY, shady. But I was kind of a gunner.

2. I agree that the "giant pool of money" podcast was great, and this monday's podcast, "enforcers," serves as kind of a follow-up, talking about the SEC's failure to properly regulate firms now going under. They also mention that Alex Blumberg, a TAL producer who produced both "giant pool of money" and "enforcers," is bringing us a new podcast called Planet Money. All the info available here

Anonymous said...

hahaha santosh stop revising history!