Friday, September 12, 2008

Expelliaramus!!!!

From The New Republic:
Strangest sighting from yesterday's McCain-Palin event: Included among the numerous buttons being sold was one design with "Bringing Wizardry to the White House" written above a computer-manipulated picture of John McCain decked out like Harry Potter, complete with geeky glasses and waving wand.
I don't pretend to understand what the hell that's about. But when I close my eyes, I can almost picture Joe Lieberman as Ron and Sarah Palin as Hermione.
Now you listen to me, John McCain. You can keep touting yourself as taking on federal earmarks. You can keep spouting the bridge to nowhere line. You can call Obama a sex pervert, and a sexist, and whatever else. BUT YOU WILL NOT CO-OPT THE LEGEND OF HARRY POTTER. You're not taking that from me, pal. And god knows you wouldn't be Harry Potter. You're more of a Cornelius Fudge. And Palin is your Dolores Umbridge!!! (Potter fans, enjoy my literature-citing snarkiness.)

No comments: