Sunday, November 30, 2008

followup + link

Firstly, if in the previous post, I want to be clear that violent actions promoting religious isolationism has been highly bidirectional with guilty parties on all sides. Read this Wiki entry on the 2002 riots in Gujurat if you are not convinced (a bloody event that many are convinced was at least partially the motivation for the attacks in Mumbai).

Secondly, I plan on returning to pontificating on domestic issues TONIGHT, but in the meantime, a wonderful op-ed from the New York Times on Mumbai that says it much better, obviously, than I did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While catching up with your blog and awaiting your pending pontifications, I noticed you liked graphics so thought I'd link you to this one -- just for yucks:
http://www.voltagecreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bailout-pie.png

-S.